Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ballerina Bear


Isn't this little gal the cutest? I have to say that the whole time I was putting this card together, I kept thinking of chocolate! Mmm... with caramel... (Bad Michelle! You know what that does to your girlish figure!) What can I say! I do love chocolate and caramel! So, I went and bought some! It's for the Trick~or~Treaters on Halloween! (Wink! Wink!)

I put this card together using a classic Stampin Up image, dressed her in pink using water colors and pearl paints for her fur. She is popped for that 3~dimensional effect. The background paper is from a glitter stack I found at the craft store. I put a little gloss on her toe shoes and glitter on her tutu. Then I used my new Cricut (thanks hubby!) to cut the swirl accents from the Home Accents cartridge. I raided my stash of beads that I've collected over the years and hand~stitched them around the border. While shopping for groceries at our local Wal-mart I stumbled upon these lovely flower sequins (no where near the grocery section) and just new they would be perfect for this card. So I used my beads again to sew into the centers of the flowers! Of course the ovals are nestabilities cut in different colors!

Blog Archive
2008 (1)
October (1)
Simple Pleasures

_

No comments: