Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Gift of Peace



Posted by Picasa


Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine was great, but of course entirely TOO Short! It sure is a good thing we get another one in five days! I never have enough time to do all the things I want to!


I found this sweet Stampin Up image a while back and have been looking forward to working with it. I decided to call this card "A Gift of Peace" because it invokes such a soothing feeling when I look at it. I painted all the little critters using either water color paints or Stampin Up inks and then sparkled them up a bit with glitter. The Angel's dress was painted using Pearl Ex paints and then added little dots of glitter as well. I cut out the animals in front and layered them for a dimensional effect. Then for the background of the card I used a Christmas themed paper, added some beads (since I can't help it!) and wove my new collection of Christmas ribbons all around. It really does look like a gift don't you think?!



No comments: