Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Welcome to my very first post to my Brand New Blog! This is a very new experience for me and I'm really looking forward to sharing all of my fun, creative projects with all everyone.

This card was such a fun one to create. It brought back many happy memories of when my 2 oldest sons were small and playing in the huge amounts of leaves we have every fall. Those were much simpler times for them. (They are now in their teens and still fun to be around! lol)! Thankfully, my youngest son still loves to romp in the leaves. Times like these that make me realize how important it is to take the time and enjoy the "Simple Pleasures" in life!

The main image has been heat embossed with clear embossing powder that has added iridescent glitter and layered for a 3~dimensional effect. This little guy's shoes have a glossy effect, while the leaves he is playing in sparkle with glitter. I stamped the larger leaves onto colored designer paper using black ink and heat embossed the images using clear embossing powder with iridescent glitter mixed into it, I then cut them out and scattered them onto the card like real fallen leaves. This fun card is embellished with glitter, hand~stitched beads and shiny yellow flat beads. The light catching dimension is spectacular! I've also machine stitched around the border several times with 2 different colored threads.

No comments: