Friday, April 24, 2009

I Love You ~ Etsy Inspired #32

Well, I wasn't sure if I could fit any card making in this week, but I managed to put this one together last night. It's been one busy week, that's for sure! :)

I made this card for the Etsy Inspired Challenge #32. And it did challenge me! This weeks Etsy Artist is Angel Face Designs You will find lots of sweet jewelry here!


My inspiration piece is a necklace called "Follow Your Heart". I had fun with this one because I decided to try out my new Tim Holtz Distress Ink to give a different look to the dry embossed ovals. I've also used Glimmer Mist ~ Iridescent Gold on the oval as well. This card is my first attempt at a collage style card (sort of...). I think I did OK.



Supplies: AC card stock, Laundry Line card stock by Minds Eye, stamps, Spellbinder Nestabilities, border punches, ribbon, embossing powders ~ black and gold, Distress Inks, Glimmer Mist (thank you again Jane) and machine sewing.
Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!

9 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Awww, this is so sweet! I really like the heart with wings, I need to get an image like that! You make it look so cute! Thanks again for playing along with us this week, it means a lot to me!

Anonymous said...

michelle,
I like it. the oval looks like metal, very appropriate for the challenge.

-- dalis

Anonymous said...

WOW...very nice all finished up!

Unknown said...

OK?....I think you did GREAT! Love it! :)

Carolyn said...

I think you did MORE than ok. It is perfect. I think the oval looks like metal too. Very creative.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Michelle, I see you excelled at that challenge, I gotta keep checkin' here to see what beautiful creations you are daydreaming about! You are SO WELCOME with the glimmer mist - you done it proud.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Michelle,

You did a wonderful job on the Etsy Challenge!!! Thanks for playing along again this week I enjoy seeing what you come up with!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! I love this card. It really looks like metal, amazing! Just beautiful!

Abby:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! What a wonderful creation with all the techniques you used. Love your ovals!!
~Chris