Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From the Sea ~ Etsy Inspired #33

This little mermaid is a stamp from a SU Set I picked up at a recent Rubber Stamp Show. Well, actually, I have had it since last fall and am barely getting around to using it. But, it's still new to me! I've incorporated it into this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge #33. This week's featured Etsy Artist is Opalescence. You will find hand-spun fibers and specialty stitch markers in her store.

I have chosen two inspiration pieces for this week's card. First, the colors are inspired by this fiber. And then I was inspired to use this stitch marker as the subject for my card. I had SO MUCH FUN with this card and just got really carried away! I've used my Co-ordinations papers which I textured with Cuttlebug embossing folders and then "aged" them using Priscilla's technique. What an awesome effect! Only a few people know how much I love the ocean and anything related to it.... Especially seashells! So, I had to add them too. I spent many days at the beach during my high school years. Now that I live in the desert, I really miss the ocean. It has been such a joy working on this card! Check here and scroll down to Sat., April 23rd, if you'd like to see more Etsy Inspired cards.


Supplies: SU stamps, Martha Stewart punch, Glitter, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Co-ordinations card stocks, Water color paints, Pearlescent paints, Beads and machine sewing.

12 comments:

Danni said...

Wow! Stunning card! Love everything about it...wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I love your choice of colors on this card! I like the use of the Martha Stewrt "fern" as seaweed on this one! The pearlescence paints add the final touch!

Shawne said...

This is so beautiful and magical!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh Michelle! So soft and pretty! You just keep uping your tallent with every creation! AMAZING!

Priscilla said...

ohhhh i love it!!! well done Michelle..you are so talented it makes my head spin...ohh now that would be scary huh? LOL

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Your secret is out that you love the ocean and sea shells. I was just checking in and went ** WOW**. Love all your techniques and beading. The colors are great, another perfect card by Michelle. Beg tell your plans for this card -

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Oh... I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one yet. It was just begging to be made. :)

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

LOL, your own private stash - that is a nice thought!

Carolyn said...

This card is just perfect in every way Michelle. I love it!!

de said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along this week!

Priscilla said...

Hey Michelle, just had to stop by to check out that Midnight Madness Logo..I think it really looks good here..kind of goes with your background huh? I likey likey :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, sensational card, Michelle! It's really special. I need to check out that aging technique from Priscilla. Thanks for sharing!