Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vintage Mermaid by Crafty Secrets

Well, here she is... I've been playing with some of my newest supplies from McMahon Five Designs and I must say this new Cuttlebug embossing/die-cut is SO COOL!!!! I just love the texture and intricate frame created by it. I actually started out with a plain piece of white card stock. After running it through my Big Shot to cut and emboss the piece, I sponged on SU Turquoise ink and then spritzed with Pirate's Plunder Gold from Lindy's Stamp Gang. What an excellent shimmery effect!
The image is from the Crafty Secrets Mermaid stamp set. I've never used any Crafty Secrets stamps before and I was really impressed with the quality of the images. After stamping, I embossed with clear eb powder. Then I water colored and accented with Stickles Glitter Glue. There are a couple of Basic Grey Pearls in the corners. The ric-rac and seamstress lace came from a collection of sewing supplies that once belonged to my hubby's grandmother. These boxes were passed on to me this summer and I've been sorting through it all for the last several weeks. And let me tell you that stash of goodies is a treasure trove for sure! I will using lots of odds and ends from it in my future creations. Thanks for stopping in to visit me. I hope everyone is having a great day.

5 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Michelle!! I love that new embossing die. It makes such a beautiful frame. Great coloring and details my friend.
HOpe all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Christine said...

Beautiful card! The embossing die is amazing. I haven't seen those before. The image is stunning!

Priscilla said...

Oh Michelle, I just had to swoop in and tell you how awesome this card is. It is just beautiful. Thanks for always inspiring us. Swoop...I am off again ;)
Priscilla

Kathlene said...

Ahhhh...a vintagey mermaid card...so pretty! Love the cuttlebug frame and all your fishy embellies. Great work. TFS.

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow Michelle, this is gorgeous. I love this new cuttlebug embossing folder and die cut. Your colors are awesome.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}