Monday, August 16, 2010

A Mother's Journal


I can hardly believe that it's been so long (almost a month), since I've had anything to share. It sure felt good to get back to some crafting. This is a little something that's been rolling around in my head all summer long and I've only now gotten to actually bring it to life. I purchased the stamp this past Spring and I've had this little journal from the dollar store in my stash for a while, just waiting to be altered.

When you are a new mom, life can get so busy. I thought a little journal like this would be a perfect gift for jotting down those precious first moments in a baby's life, like first smile, details from doctors visits... or even just thoughts, hopes and dreams for a precious new life. It's a nice small size that can be tucked into a pocket of a diaper bag to keep with you all the time. Then Mom or Dad can write little things down as they happen, making them less likely to be forgotten. Babies grow so fast and remembering their first moments is so special.

I'm entering this into:
Mojo Monday sketch
The Pink Elephant ribbon and sparkle
Cute Card Thursday leaves

5 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

WOW, beautiful stamp and love the colors and shimmer and shine, How DID you do that? I agree, great to tuck anywhere and jot down an event or memory. Good to see you back after your time away. Jane

Tracy said...

A wonderful creation and a wonderful idea, It's beautiful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julie said...

Just beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Annie said...

a beautiful baby card. thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card!! What a sweet image!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT