Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wintery Seahorse ~ MMSC25

Hi Everyone! This week we are welcoming Shawne from Studio 313 as our sponsor. She has designed some of the most charming stamp sets and they are for sale at Clear Dollar Stamps. I've used a seahorse stamp from her collection of Under the Sea stamps. I just fell in love with it when I first saw it! :) And since we are getting closer and closer to the holidays I tried to make it into an Underwater~Winter/Christmas card this time. I didn't quite achieve I was trying for, but I do love how this card turned out anyways. :) I've painted the image and the background with Pearlescent paints to give it a shimmery, metallic look and then after texturing the blue dp, I spritzed it with Shimmer Mists, then layered some different ribbons, pearls, buttons and let's not forget the Stickles! Enjoy!
Congratulations goes to Cabio for her Midnight Madness Masterpiece Award this week! Be sure to head over to the Midnight Madness Blog to see who this week's Midnight Madness Remarkable awards went to and link up with your creation for this week's sketch. Have Fun with it!!! :)

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Michelle!! Just look at all the shimmer on this beautiful creation!! Your seahorse is gorgeous against your silver embossed background. The shells are the perfect accent!! Such a creative, fun and beautiful creation Michelle. You sure rocked the sketch my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Wowzer is right, I love all that shimmer and shine, I think it is wonderful, wonderful. So many things to see, I hope I didn't miss anything~ Tops om my book! TFS

Shawne said...

Wow, wow, wow, jawdropping gorgeous Michelle, you achieved what you were going for perfectly I think, this so delicate and amazing I had to enlarge to take it all in!

Cheryl said...

Oh Michelle, love this shimmery/sparkly card, it's just so pretty! That image is great, as are your lil seashells tucked back around that corner...very clever!

Carolyn said...

I love your winter seahorse. You can do wonders with beach images even in the winter time. I love all the shimmer. So beautiful. I think it would make a beautiful baby card too.

Thanks for the prayers and always for your friendship and support not just this week but always. You are such a blessing in my life! How lucky I am to have come to know you.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Carol Hurlock said...

Michelle this is so sparkly and shiny I had to put my sunglasses on to view it!!!LOL I think this is exceptional gorgeous. It's so innovative using the seahorse for a nice Christmas theme card. Since I live in a sleepy Coastal Town, this would be the typical card that my neighbors would purchase to send to friends and family in the northern states to rub-it-in!!! LOL Your work is always exceptional Michelle. Thanks for keeping me inspired!!!

Hugs,
Carol

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Michelle, your wintery seahorse is just perfect! Whatever you set out to achieve....you did it with this one. All that sparkle and shine is fitting for this beautiful little seahorse! Love the button and shell accents....Just beautiful!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Michelle you definitely created a underwater winter scene! I love, love, love it!

Abby:)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Wow Michelle, that lace/netting in the back is Perfect for this under the sea set. Terrific ice blue and the snowflakes makes this one a beautiful winter card! xox ~Jeni

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Michelle - how clever are you - an Underwater Christmas Card - fabuolous - and all of that shimmer!! I love what you have done here Michele, your work is always gorgeous and I love coming to see what you have been up to! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Yvonne Hagane said...

Another stunning piece of work!!! Love all the texture and your fabulous details... I just love your creativity!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, this is soo amazing hun!! LOVE the pretty shimmer and the images are so adorable!! Beautiful take on the sketch!! :)

cabio's craft corner said...

Michelle, your card is so classy and elegant! Love the metallic stylish design. Very pretty!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sue McMahon said...

Beautiful job Michelle! You really worked it out with Shawne's image and making it a Winter/Christams card! Only you would think to do that! Well done!!!