Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Christmas Joy ~ MMSC18

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a safe and restful Labor Day Weekend! And now, we are on to a brand new week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges! We are so lucky to have DRS Designs as our sponsor this month and this week we welcome another sponsor for this week, Creations by Penny. Be sure to stop by their websites by clicking on the links along my left sidebar! They both have lots of fun things to create with. :)

This week I've use another stamp from DRS Designs. I just couldn't resist this sweet little angel holding onto Baby Jesus. I've used some more wood paper from McMahon Five Designs online store and papers from the Luxury Stack.

I water colored this image with metallic paints and popped it for that 3~D effect. The background paper was water colored with blue. After I painted it, I was unhappy with it and crumpled it up to throw away. Then I decided to experiment a little so I fished it out of the throw~away pile and saturated it with Shimmer Mist. Once it was dry I really liked the effect, so decided to keep it! :) I love when that happens! I've used prima flowers, die~cuts, texture, pearls, ribbon, eyelets and of course glitter to embellish this piece! And don't forget the wood paper from McMahon Five Designs!

16 comments:

Denise @ kc242 said...

Michelle, Just love this card. The image of baby Jesus and the angel is so adorable. I like the crumpled effect too! Your cards always have the unexpected! and are always lovely!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is just stunning!!! I think you've done another fabulous creation with the DRS image!! Gorgeous details and colors!! I'll be making one up today!! HUGS

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Michelle, this card turned out great even though you thought you were going to scrap the paper. That happens to me often too. Then I keep thinking maybe I can add to it and salvage it. Lol. It works! Lovely details and the ribbons. You did a superb job coloring. The shimmerz really shines, I can see it in to the photo, xox ~Jeni

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Cute image, how dreamy your Angel looks. Great shimmer effects, not a throw-away, it turned out fantastic. Well done.

Carolyn said...

I absolutely love how all of your cards have a shimmer to them in some way. This is so beautiful. I do adore the way the top looks like a swag. Soft and pretty holiday card. Awesome job!!

Carolyn :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Michelle!! I lvoe all the shimmer, the flourishes and the gorgeous coloring of the adorable image!! It is magnificent girl!!! Awesome take on the sketch!!
hugs,
Chris

Tracy said...

Hi Michelle,
This is an adorable card and the image is adorable too. Love the colours and the way you've coloured in too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Shawne said...

So sweet Michelle, the image is colored so beautifully and all of the shimmer is so perfect for an angel!

Carol L said...

The details on this card are amazing and beautiful! I love the colors and all the swirlies and gltter!!

Jessica G. said...

Sweet! Those gorgeous papers and beautiful shimmer really create a striking card!!

Priscilla said...

Love the close up pictures of your card. You always rock the sketch..well done again.. Your card this week was exceptional :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Michelle, I love that you can click on your picture and see it close up. I was wowed by that crumpled up paper in the background and was wondering how you did it. I will be visiting my trash bin tomorrow morning.lol This is so beautiful. I love all your attention to details and your stitching. Just fabulous.

Carol-chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

Sue McMahon said...

Gorgeous and sweet all in one! Love it!!! Thanks for using my wood paper again! :)

Chelsea said...

So glad you fished it out of the throw pile Michelle! It looks like clouds, prefect for the angel stamps! Funny how things just comes together! It's beautiful! :)Chelsea

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Michelle, this is adorable! I have the same image for the last DRS week! All the glitter on this one adds so much depth to it, love the crumpled paper effect...aren't you happy you didn't leave it thrown away now? As Carolyn said I think the top looks like a swag and is so pretty with the florishes and flowers. Exquisite!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

stephanne said...

I love that little bit of down to earth that you've incorporated with the wood paper. Gorgeous embossing and swirls and the paints are yummy, love the way that crumpled paper turned out, it catches light beautifully!! Thanks for coming by and visiting my entry this week ;)
Stephanne