Friday, August 14, 2009

Cherished Teddy Angel ~ Wall Plaque

I have had such a busy week because it's the first week of school for my 3 sons! But, I managed to squeeze in a little crafting time. I decided it's time to get started with some Christmas creations. This is one of my favorite Cherished Teddies stamps. I just think she is so sweet, so she is the first one I decided to use for this coming season. And I've used one of my new Fiskars Corner/Border punches I picked up at CHA on my All Girls Get~Away! I love it!
I bought a supply of wood plaques at my local dollar store and am really having fun making decorative gifts with them in addition to cards. They are 6 x 6 with pre~drilled holes that I add a beaded hanger to. I also cover the wood with mulberry paper using modge podge. I also cover the back with card stock which can be stamped and written on if given as a gift.
I'm entering this into the following challenges just for the fun of it:

16 comments:

Karin said...

wow, what a stunning wall plaque.
Love the beautifull coloured papers and adorable image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo Karin

Anonymous said...

So beautiful....I think I remember seeing one of your gorgeous cards with this stamp last year (on Ebay maybe). I can see why it would be a favorite! Have a great weekend...

Abby:)

Anonymous said...

WOW! This plaque is GREAT! Just love the Cherished Teddie and you've out done yourself with the Fisker border punch frames!

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, that is just TOO ADORABLE, you've done a fabulous job! (&i absolutely LOVE that cool corner/edge punch, as well, so dramatic & intricate!)

Rufus said...

That is just to precious! Love the stamp, colors, punch ~ the whole thing! So how does one go about getting on your Christmas list????

Janiel/ janny said...

This is so Beautiful. I love the image ans your coloring is FAB! thanks for sharing. hugs, janny

Unknown said...

what a beautidul creation! Love the colors & coloring is stunning!

SmilynStef said...

The punched border frame is perfect for your cute little vintage image ... wonderful winter creation.

Carolyn said...

Breathtaking, Michelle!! I want to be on your Christmas list too!! This is gorgeous, elegant AND cute!! Your border punch came out perfectly. I am so impressed and may be swayed into buying one of these if I keep seeing the gorgeous creations that are made with it. I just love everything about this!! Magnificent!!

Iris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iris said...

Your art work is absolut stunning, brilliant and the frame Border is fab.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris and the DT

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, brilliant creation.
Luv
Debby

Carol Hurlock said...

Ah ha!!! I knew I smelled a bear.....if there is a bear around...I am going to find it. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever. You are so resourceful...I will be stopping by my dollar store this week. That border punch is fabulous too! I am going to put it on my "wish list". This is so imaginative and divine. I do so wish I had this stamp!!! What a magnificent, superb, artistic creation!
Bear hugs,
Carol
www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Simply darling wall plaque! I really like the image, this would make a great gift!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Sue McMahon said...

Super cute, Michelle! Love that border punch! :)

Priscilla said...

I just love your wall plaques :) you are so good at them.. How cool would it be to make them for all your Christmas gift this year. I have done that..One year, everyone got felted purses from me..LOL
Priscilla