Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!



Here's a card I wanted to share with everyone. We gave this one to my mother and father~in~law for Valentines Day.


I was playing with a lot of my toys for this one. My hubby bought a Cricut for me this past fall and I have been a little intimidated by it, so it hasn't seen as much use as it should. The heart shaped "love" and the little hearts in the corners were cut with it. And the scalloped square is a spellbinder die~cut which I then embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


A card~maker and friend, Jane, offered me her Shimmer Mists to see how I'd like them, since she wasn't using them. They arrived this week, so of course I needed to experiment. Thank you Jane! If you look closely, you can see the shimmer on the scalloped square. Jane, if you see this, you are right... The Shimmer Mists are tricky to use. I'll be looking up some tutorials to see if I'm using them correctly.
Happy Valentines Day everyone!

No comments: